Monday, January 19, 2009

Life Goes On

So,

On the eve of the Inauguration my room mate said that someone he works with "can't wait for Obama to screw up so he can say "I told you so" "

It makes me so sad. Here we are..the economy a mess after 8 years of what is going to shake out as the worst president in the history of the office..and people are HOPING that he fails!

GET REAL PEOPLE.....if he fails THERE WON'T BE MUCH OF AMERICA LEFT!! There won't be money to buy homes, there won't be jobs for us and for our kids!! What is with these fucking people???

I have another friend who really believes that Obama's plans for the economy mean that "they" will reach into his personal bank accounts and take money away from him. He is one of those people who had himself convinced that HE was part of that 250k+ income that Obama hopes to tax more fairly. It has never made sense to me that the more you made the less you paid.

Money has not been moving around down here where I live in a long long time. I'm hopeful that Obama can start this on the mend.

As I get ready to start school..I"m hoping that he is successful in his plan because then there will be student loan money, maybe some grant money for me..Grad school is expensive!

I'm glad that I have the opportunity to witness my gay friends get married, and this inaguration..well..it's history. I am sad that yet again a viable, dynamic, qualified woman had to step aside for a man..but our day will come.

til next time
P-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home